Gary Johnson Grassroots Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Gary Johnson: Overcoming The Odds In New Hampshire

By Gary Johnson

I keep telling people I’m putting my chips on the table in New Hampshire.  Well, the idea of this blog is that I want to show everybody what that actually looks like and feels like.  My last two visits to New Hampshire have been amazing, and they leave me more optimistic than ever that this campaign is about to take off in a big way.

These photos are from the M/S Mount Washington Cruise on Lake Winnepesaukee hosted by the Belknap County Republicans.  It was a beautiful evening, and the conversations I had with voters were fantastic.
Talk Radio Host David Webb introduces me to the crowd aboard the M/S Mount Washington.
Despite being on a cruise, the crowd listened attentively.
As was reported in the New Hampshire Union-Leader, my speech received the loudest applause of the night!

As I’ve said many times, I never thought for a second that I’d be excluded from the debate table, but yes, it actually happened.  It was a tough pill to swallow, but I was back in New Hampshire the day following the debate for meetings with two editorial boards: the Union-Leader and Foster’s Daily Democrat.  Both published articles following the interviews (Union-Leader article, Foster’s article).

After that it was off to the Nesmith Library in Windham where Travis Blais, chair of the Windham Republican Committee, introduced me to a room full of Windham Republicans.
The Windham Town Republicans listened to every word I said and asked great questions at the end.
After a hectic Tuesday, Wednesday offered a much more peaceful venture to the northern New Hampshire town of Franconia, where celebrated author Jack McEnany had invited me to meet with some of his friends and neighbors.  Jack has written a book on north country logging called Brush Cat, and he also co-authored Bode Miller’s autobiography.

It was a beautiful day, so we all sat in the yard and talked.  His friends asked great questions, and it was really just a terrific conversation.
It was a beautiful day to sit and chat about the challenges facing America.
After taking time out for a very pleasant hike with Jack on a nearby portion of the Appalachian Trail, I headed back down to Manchester for my first look at the New Hampshire campaign headquarters.  “Wow,” I thought. “This is going to be great!”

I’ll be returning to New Hampshire again this coming weekend, and I’m very excited to announce that I’ll be competing in Saturday’s White Mountain Cycling Classic to benefit New England Disabled Sports.  My staff also tells me they are planning our Headquarters-Opening Party in Manchester for the following evening at 5 p.m., so it’s a very exciting time for this young, ambitious campaign in New Hampshire.  Thank you all for being part of this adventure and this race to win the first-in-the-nation primary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome however any spam, trolling or baiting will be removed at the editor's discretion. Please keep it civil.